Silicon
Power 64GB up to 85MB/s MicroSDXC UHS-1 Class10, Elite Flash Memory Card with
Adaptor (SP064GBSTXBU1V20SP)
Installed in my Galaxy
phone. Pictures and videos would work initially when I viewed them, but after
the second or thrid time I would get a read error. Returned.--------
Bought two chips one
was very bad. Took a very long time to format and was testing at a 900k write.
The other formated but
was much slower in writes than the Sandisk Ultra. Never been burned by Sandisk.
The SP went back and now waiting for the Sandisk. I test every chip I get and
these did not meet the muster.
Piece of junk! Got
this about 2 months ago and it stopped working a couple weeks ago!
Pros: Large space,
good price.
Cons: somehow a micro
sd without a physical "LOCK" switch decides to lock itself so you
can't write, delete, or even format. Whatever personal or sensitive info you've
stored on the card is there for good.
Warranty? Forget about
it! You need to send the micro sd with all your personal and private info still
stored on the card back to the manufacturer for anyone to access. They will not
accept a picture of the card being physically destroyed. This is completely
UNACCEPTABLE!
Want help from the
vendor? Good luck. They will only reply once a night around 1:00 AM - 1:30 AM
PST, even if you reply within a couple mins. Well that is until they start to
ignore you.
Card works and has a
lot of memory but it is SUPER SLOW!!! no where near the advertised speeds. I
tried to watch recorded videos on the card but they kept lagging so the only
way to watch them was to first transfer the files over to my computer, and even
that took a long time. To transfer a 1GB video it took over 10 minutes
It seems that there
have been a lot of bad reviews in the past month or two. I bought mine in July
2015, so maybe it was a bad batch or a fake batch no idea. But if you want
something that is usable I wouldn't take a chance on this one
DOA. I ordered for my
wife's tablet. She thought it worked for awhile, but apparently never worked.
Returned item and bought another brand.
Worst Memory card
ever.. stop working after 2 days. Wont recommend anyone to buy it.
Do not works.... I
used filming a unique helicopter trip and is empty, my computers can't read it.
terrible.
Bought this for my go
pro 3+ Silver and it did not recognize the card.
DON'T BUY THIS
CARD!!!! Very, very, very slow. Like 0.1 MB/s (write) on the same data that a
similar Sandisk Ultra+ card averaged 15 MB/sec on. Not sure if this card is
defective or a fake, but it DOES NOT WORK. I tried several formatting options
but NONE worked. Returned it the next day. Never had a memory card or flash
drive not work before this one. Consider yourself warned.
This was very buggy
the first week and after that, it went corrupt and only had 806MB of free
space. I have reformatted and used error checking tool many times to see that
it did not help. I am returning this and buying a reliable one. A life lesson
that things that are too good to be true are indeed. TERRIBLE BUY. DO NOT BUY
I've tried 4 times on
2 different computers to load a 41gb. music folder onto this card. It's
unbelievably slow and gives an error at what I would guess is about 32gb saying
the file is too large for the remaining capacity. At this point it froze both
computers completely until the card was removed. One laptop running Windows 7
had to be forced to shut down while the one running Windows 10 barely recovered
after several minutes of "thinking". I put the same music file onto a
Samsung Evo 64gb card a few months back with no problems in about half the time
it took to get the error on this one. It seems odd to me that they would fake a
64gb card with a 32gb. Most things I've read claim the bad card was 16gb or
less. However, while I got aprox 32gb on the card, I was never actually able to
verify any of it. Any attempt to open a file on the card resulted in explorer
freezing up again.
I bought from Amazon
on purpose to try to avoid this problem. They are sending a replacement and I'm
sending this one back. I'll update in a couple days when I receive the
replacement.
Card placed in camera,
card error, no recognition. Card placed in phone, card error, no recognition.
Card placed in laptop, card error, no recognition.
Stopped working after
eight days. I was halfway through downloading my fifth episode of Justified
onto it in my new Kindle Fire HD 8, when the Fire locked up. After rebooting,
the SD card no longer showed mounted in the device. I took it out to reformat it
on my PC, but the card wasn't recognized on my PC, either, and caused it to
freeze up, also. I cannot access the card through either the Fire, my home PC,
or my work PC.
I don't know if this
is one of the cases of counterfeit flash media, where it's only 8 or 16 GB, but
has been hacked to show 128, or if it's just a poorly produced product. I do
know that the $1-2 that I saved buying this Silicon Power card, instead of a
Patriot, SanDisk, etc., is not worth the aggravation I now face with having to
get an RMA and return it. Burned again by not buying name brand items----------------------------
This was a slow piece
of junk. Not sure if it was a fake or a poor product to begin with (was
purchased from amazon, not a reseller), but it was not fast enough to capture
video using my camera (it isn't the camera as a Samsung Evo 32GB card worked
without issue). Replaced it with a Lexar 633x 64GB card and haven't had an
issue since. I would advise others to steer clear of this card regardless of
any sale prices. If you're looking for a reliable, inexpensive, card, I've had
excellent experiences with the Samsung Evo line and every Sandisk card I've
ever purchased (at least half a dozen). If you're looking for performance first
and price second, take a look at the Lexar 633x
I planned to use this
in my new GoPro, but it doesn't work and jams the camera's electronics.
Unfortunately, I purchased it for a vacation that begins in a couple of days,
and now I'll have to buy a replacement card locally. Apparently it's not GoPro
compatible in spite of being UHS-1 and Class 10. It should say that somewhere
to prevent others from making the same mistake I did.
PURCHASED TWO AT ONCE,
BOTH NONFUNCTIONAL. WISH I COULD POSTED -*'S
Received August 6
stopped working November 3. I placed it in my phone and didn't remove it until
I started getting an error code saying the chip was not being recognized. I
open the back of the phone and it was still seated properly so I attempted to
reseated in the vain attempt to get this card working again. Just so Sad photos
never to be had again... Wish they correct this and send a replacement... I'd
change my rating in a nano second if they had that kind of customer service
After my tablet and
phone both started acting screwy I finally found out through trial and error
that this sd card was to blame for corrupting my devices. DO NOT BUY! I figured
all sd cards were created equal and this is by far the cheapest, I guess I was
wrong. Will be purchasing a san disc instead. Disappointed.
Camera tells me it
can't read this. Used many types of SD cards before and never had this problem.
Not sure if it's some off brand that isn't compatible or what, but useless for
my purposes.
Bought this in June for my Samsung S5 phone,
the card is dead in October... lucky I have my phone set to auto sync my photos
and videos to OneDrive ... or else I would be really mad ..
Do yourself a favor and buy the $40 official
Samsung adapter now and save yourself a trip to best buy as well as the
additional price best buy will charge-- $56.99 before tax. Very cheap product.
Did not work with my galaxy 4. Almost seemed like it was going to work but
picture kept going out intermixed with TV static- and that was just the home
page of the phone when I first connected. And I tried different plugs and
cords. Samsung adapter worked perfectly right away after I got it, and plays
movies smoothly.
just do not working after one month.. if i
connect this micro sd to my computer, It will going to auto reset. i just lose
my money...
Tried in multiple devices and lost data each
time. Didn't take more than an hour to determine it was a poor product.
I'm just fuming! I bought this in June so I
can't even return this from Silicon Power. I bought it for my tablet so I could
keep my photos. So when I finally got around to downloading my photos to it, I
discovered I was completely deceived thinking I bought a 64Gb micro SD. I tried
transferring over 3Gb of photos, it said there was no capacity. There was only
64KB of capacity. This seller sold me a bad product that was completely wrong
in its description. Don't be fooled. The worst part is I can't return it. All I
can do is leave this message so no one else can be duped like I was.
SD ERR on gopro hero 3+ after few use. Cannot
read on any system.
Died after one use, spend a few more dollars
on reliable brands
The card stopped working after 3 months. Not
happy at all.
I bought despite good reviews but got a
defective card. Then I noticed a cluster of bad reviews from late June/early
July when I ordered mine. Amazon must have gotten a fake or defective batch.
Don't take a chance -- go with another brand. This one's going back when I'm
home from vacation.
Doesn't work good with my phone but OK with a
tablet
It died, with light use in my Nokia Lumia 640
phone. I only took it out of the phone once to transfer files to my PC about a
month or so ago. Now the card is locked, made me lose an entire week of
memories (one week is the key, not when I took it out, so read on please), it
made my phone go haywire, and I spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong
with my phone which I acquired around the same time! Ask yourselves, it is
worth it you going to the shop thinking your phone might be the one that's
fried? T-mobile Customer Service told me it was the card. After that, I went to
the web and narrowed it down to perhaps a mechanic that makes Windows Phones
"marry" their SD cards, which means, you "can't" use the
card on ANYTHING else. I don't know if this is true because I've had OTHER
cards (3 to be exact) in all my Windows Phones and THIS is the only one that
gave me this issue. There is a website from computer/mobile issues (an article
from 2011-12) that explains how Windows 7 (mind you mine is 8.1) would somehow
take possession of the card in question "fusing" its memory to your
phone. This would make the cards be "locked" to anything else, and if
one tried to use it with another phone or a PC, the card would simply either
scramble itself, or lock itself. These are microSD cards so there is simply no
lock mechanism. But apparently software has the power to lock that card to
"keep you from losing more data".
I am not going to cite sources due to the fact it took hours of reading to gather these very crucial details of information. I read many websites, but like I said, nothing really said "(Windows 8.1)" or was recent enough for me to say "yes this is what happened to me"... I see NO OTHER users complaining about this at all in 2014/15, so I will go with the assumption the card was the problem. I will ask from replacement, and contact the company now.
I am not going to cite sources due to the fact it took hours of reading to gather these very crucial details of information. I read many websites, but like I said, nothing really said "(Windows 8.1)" or was recent enough for me to say "yes this is what happened to me"... I see NO OTHER users complaining about this at all in 2014/15, so I will go with the assumption the card was the problem. I will ask from replacement, and contact the company now.
I tried to write some files to the card, and a
few files in, a message popped up that "the destination does not
exist". The card somehow became read-only, and I cannot revert it. It's
essentially really tiny junk right now. This is a hardware defect with the
card, and I will be trying to return it.
misleading product description. The write
speed is NOT 85MB/s but more like 12. so Its really only good for data storage.
Not for video recording.
after 3 months it fails
I bought 3 64 GB and 1 32 GB card and 1 of the
64 GB card has already failed me within 3 months. The card just went into a
write protected mode with no explanation. I'm not new to technology so I
immediately removed it from my phone and performed a scan to fix any system
errors and remove the "dirty bit". I then attempted to use Window's
disk management utility to clean and format the card, but I was unsuccessful. I
even went as far as using a hex editor to locate the "dirty bit" so I
could remove the flag, but was unable to get the card out of write protect
mode. Luckily I was able to copy the data off the data and RMA it. I now
understand why this company has such a bad reputation and why their cards are
so much cheaper than competitors. I'm sticking to Samsung from now on, my 2
year old Samsung card is used everyday and it is still going strong without a
single problem.
SD Error is all I get
Junk and probably fake. When I received it I
tested the speed, 20MBs read and 5MBs write - way off the advertised spec. I
then wrote three large 1GB files to the card and it then when in to some kind
of "write protect" mode. Now it's locked up. I can read from it but
not format, write or delete anything. Returned for refund.
Would not work on my computer or on my phone.
Tried reformatting and still wouldn't work. Now I have to pay for return
shipping because they sent me a defective card.
this is a total piece of s***! every time my
phone goes dead and needs a charge or gets turned off when it comes back on a
window pops up saying the card needs to be scanned for errors and all my
pictures and media are gone from the card. total bulls*** ever since i got it!
I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!! AND WOULD NEVER GET ONE OF THIS TYPE EVER AGAIN!!
I read several reviews about this item and
expected a quality product. For whatever reason the chip arrived in a corrupted
condition unable to retain images or transfer images between devices even after
several formattings. Amazon took care of the problem- Ty!
SLOOOOOW. I got 4mb/s read and write, thought
it had to be fake seeing the transfer rates but it was purchased directly thru
amazon. I would think twice, actually I wouldn't even think about buy this.
Failed after 6 months of use. One day after not
removing the card it became stuck in write protection mode and is unusable.
Return policy requires me mailing the thing back.. too much work
Tried several times but SD card is NOT
readable by my Amazon Fire 7 tablet (2015), nor was it readable on either of my
Windows 7 PCs.
I bought 2 of these Silicon Power 64GB cards and both were really 16GB cards. These cards are hacked and you computer thinks they have 64GB but fill up completely with just under 16GB of data. Unfortunately I discovered this while oversees in a remote location with no options. I am very disappointed.
I bought 2 of these Silicon Power 64GB cards and both were really 16GB cards. These cards are hacked and you computer thinks they have 64GB but fill up completely with just under 16GB of data. Unfortunately I discovered this while oversees in a remote location with no options. I am very disappointed.
SD CARD ERR in gopro 3+ balck and gopro 4
silver. Why did i wait over 30 days to use this card...who knows! I cant return
it and it is unusable. AND NO THIS IS NOT A FORMATTING ISSUE!!! I tried
formatting the card using multiple sites instructions and nothing worked.
This card worked fine for about 2 weeks in my
Hikvision IP Camera. I noticed recently that it was not recording to the card,
and the camera did not recognize that there was a card there. All my recordings
were not visible. I pulled the card from the camera, and checked it with 2
computers, both of which were not recognizing the card and showing Insert Disk.
While the card was working, it worked great, so maybe I got a lemon. Anyway, I
have returned the card, so due to Amazon's great return policy I give it 2
stars.
Great capaciry card of 128GB, I would NOT
recommend this to anyone who think is fast write, it is not fast write. It took
a few hours to copy 2 or 3 movies to it. It is great and reasonable fast to
READ but not to write.
2) If you copy more than 1 file at the time, it didn’t copy the full data’s and you notced that the data is not in some of the files.
If you notice, they have not saying about write time at all!
2) If you copy more than 1 file at the time, it didn’t copy the full data’s and you notced that the data is not in some of the files.
If you notice, they have not saying about write time at all!
Great capaciry card. However, when trying to
view video off the card on my phone, there are frequent and anniying stops in
the video while the data is being read. I did not have this issue when viewinv
video in my 64 gb Sandisk micri sd card.
Certainly faster than the Class 4 card I had
before, but I'm not getting anywhere near 85MB/s read. In my testing, write
speeds topped off at around ~8MB/s and read maxed at around ~30MB/s (which is
more in line with Sandisk/Samsung's offerings at this price). It appears
to work just fine, and I'd normally be content with those speeds at this price,
but if their advertised read speed of 85MB/s was a peak speed they got once
during their testing on a lucky day for a fraction of a millisecond, then they
can't be a very trustworthy company to be using it to sell their card. That
number is probably even rounded up a few kilobytes, or maybe even a glitch in
their testing systems. If not, then they had to have sent me an inferior card
to cut costs or something. The ONLY reason I chose this card over a
similarly priced Sandisk or Samsung is because they claimed 85MB/s read speeds,
almost double what the other guys had to offer. The speeds I'm getting with
this card are pretty much the same (if not SLOWER) than I'd get with a Sandisk
Ultra. I do regret my decision to buy this card, and will certainly not
be trusting this company in the future. At the time of buying, this card
cost $2 less than a Sandisk Ultra. Unless prices take a nosedive for this card,
those extra $2 for a Sandisk will be a much better investment.
I had trouble making this work on my desktop
(windows 7 ultimate). I am not sure why but every time I tried copying files
from windows 7 to the SD card it would complain that the SD card did not exist
(even though I could see it in windows explorer). I tried this with several SD
card adapters and of course ensured the lock thingy was set to 'unlock' (I also
tried it with 2 separate memory card readers). I was able to get files into the
card but by putting it into a tablet and connecting the tablet directly to the
desktop. I need to look into this a lot closer and verify it is not an
indication of a bad SD card (basically what the interwebs suggested). I will
update the post accordingly whenever I get around to it. For now I was not
impressed even with the nice price range.
Completely unimpressed with the speed of this.
I bought it to go into my Galaxy Tab S. Whilst in there, I was getting about
10MB/s write speed. I thought maybe the fact that it was in the tablet was
slowing it down. Therefore, I bought a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader, and used
that to transfer my media files. Yes, that sped things up, but the fastest
write speed I saw was 20MB/s. Next time, I will start cheaper - as it turns out
I don't need to write things to it all that frequently, so this speed at a
cheaper price would have been acceptable.
Extremely slow write speeds on my Asus tablet
(quad core1.8ghz). Tested multiple times and getting write speeds around .8 -
1.4mb sec. Unbelievably slow write speed that sometimes almost completely
stalls with large files. Have contacted seller about the problem, perhaps I was
shipped a faulty card? As is, would not at all recommend.
I bought TWO pieces but one of them is not
working for using it less than 2 months. It can't be formatted or recognized by
different PC. I think it should be a warranty period of 1 year, so I can entile
either a replacement or a refund. Please take necessary actions
No comments:
Post a Comment